As we enter the cooler months it is important to get homes and buildings ready for any intruding damp. Damp left untreated can cause serious damage to the structure of your property, as well as health issues such as respiratory infections, allergies, or asthma.
Polar stain-resistant Damp Seal Paint instantly seals damp patches and prevents penetrating damp coming through. Additionally, Polar Damp and Stain Block Spray covers unwanted damp, mould & stains on interior walls and ceilings caused by smoking, nicotine, pen, crayon, soot, water & much more!
Why does interior dampness occur?
Damp can emerge on interior walls for many reasons, such as leaking or undersized guttering, blocked downpipes, cracked roof tiles and condensation. Condensation is one of the most common causes of damp through a combination of excess warm air and moisture that touches a cold internal wall or surface, or through poor ventilation. Over the winter months, the presence of damp, and mould increases due to the drop in temperature, and changes in weather conditions such as heavy rain. One quick and easy way to help protect interior walls and ceilings is by using damp-proof paint or damp and stain block spray to cover stains and provide a smooth flawless finish on interior surfaces.
How does Polar Damp Seal & Stain Block Spray work?
Polar’s Damp Seal paint contains an advanced formula that incorporates a water-reacting agent, to provide premium quality mould-resistant paint for any interior wall. The unique Pliolite-based formula seals damp patches and prevents penetrating damp from pushing through and spoiling your decor. Damp Seal paint can be used as a damp proofing primer or sealer prior to over-painting or can be left as a finish, with white, grey, magnolia, and black paint colours available to suit your colour preference.
Damp and Stain Block Spray only requires one coat and helps prevent & remove stains, from smoking, nicotine, pen, crayon, soot, grease, water and rust on interior surfaces. It can also be used as a damp proofing primer or sealer prior to painting or left as a smooth white finish.
What are the benefits of using damp-proof paint?
Polar Damp Seal effectively provides a barrier against water invasion on interior walls, helping reduce the risk of damp resurfacing. Further to this, once applied you can be assured that you have protected your property from moisture decay, and reduced your chances of any health issues that can occur from exposure to damp.
How to apply Damp Proof Paint on interior surfaces
- To prepare the surface first any wallpaper must be removed with a scraper. Any loose or flaking paint should be sanded off.
- If there is mould, tackle it with mould killer, otherwise, use a cloth and white spirit to wipe down and clean the wall.
- Ensure to remove as much of the old paint as possible by thoroughly scraping and using a wire brush.
- If drying sanding to avoid the inhalation of dust we advise you wear a suitable face mask.
- Special precautions should be taken during surface preparation of pre-1960s paint surfaces over wood and metal as they may contain harmful lead.
- Once the surface is prepped stir the paint well before applying, using either a roller or brush to apply to the affected area. If it’s only a small damp patch, paint at least 30cm around the area so the damp won’t spread elsewhere.
- We advise you use 2 coats for maximum effectiveness.
- Allow a minimum over-coating time of between 16-24 hours. Touch dry in 2-3 hours.
- In lower temperatures, drying time will increase.
- Clean all equipment with White Spirit. Polar Dampseal will keep for up to 2 years if stored correctly in an unopened container.
How to apply Damp & Stain Block Spray on interior surfaces
- Prepare the area to be painted. If necessary, ensure the surface is free of dust, flakes of rust, grime, greases, oils etc.
- Shake well until the mixing ball rattles and continue for one minute.
- Repeat shaking at regular intervals during use.
- Apply sparingly from a distance of 20-30cm.
- Spray can in a motion from left to right or up and down until the area is covered with an even coat.
- Allow to dry fully and apply a second coat if required.
- When completely dry, surfaces can be painted or wallpapered over.
- On completion of use, invert the can and depress the actuator for a few seconds to prevent nozzle blockage.
- Keeps for up to 24 months when stored correctly.
How many coats of Polar Damp Seal should I apply?
We advise you apply 2 coats, to ensure maximum coverage over the damp area.
Can Polar Damp Seal Paint be used on interior and exterior surfaces?
Polar Damp Seal Paint is suitable for interior surfaces only.
What finish does Polar Damp Seal have?
Polar Damp Seal comes in a matte finish.
What surfaces can Polar Damp Seal Paint be applied on?
Suitable for use on ceilings, including plaster, cement, stone, window/door frames, bathroom, living room, garage and kitchen areas (not suitable for breeze blocks).
What colours are available?
Polar Damp Seal comes in Black, Grey, Magnolia, and White.
What surfaces are suitable for Damp & Stain Block Spray?
Polar Damp & Stain Block and spray walls, wood, tiles, plastic, and stone.
What colours are available?
Polar Damp & Stain Block Spray is available in white.
How many coats of Damp & Stain Block Spray need to be applied?
Only one coat of Damp & Stain Block Spray is required.
Can Polar Damp & Stain Block Spray be used on interior and exterior surfaces?Polar Damp & Stain Block Spray can be used on interior surfaces only.